If you want a beautiful treat for your bathroom, take a fancy glass bottle, fill it with extra virgin olive oil, and keep it handy. There are many beauty benefits of olive oil. It is a powerful moisturizer, can be used as a cleanser, and of course, tastes delicious.
Here are a few ways you can use olive oil as a beauty treatment:
- Add a few drops of your favorite essential oils to a few tablespoons of olive oil and add to your bath for a fragrant and moisturizing soak.
- Massage a little into your damp skin after a shower, then towel dry. It works better than creams to moisturize.
Note: When using olive oil in the bath, be careful not to slip.
- Olive oil works well on cracked, dry heels, but be sure you are sitting down and put on socks before trying to walk away.
- Use olive oil as a pre-shampoo hair treatment. It adds moisture and soothes a dry scalp. Apply to damp hair, massage in and leave for a few minutes. Shampoo.
- Rub a very small amount between your hands and smooth onto hair ends before styling. It adds shine, minimizes the look of split ends, and helps to control frizz. Be careful not to use too much or your hair will look oily.
- Use as a moisturizing lip scrub. To a teaspoon of olive oil, add granulated sugar and a squeeze of lemon juice. You could use this mixture on other parts of the body as well. Massage into elbows before a shower or use as a hand exfoliator.
- Rub a drop of olive oil into cuticles as a conditioner or all over your hands as a moisturizer.
- You can use olive oil to remove makeup. Apply to a cotton pad to remove waterproof mascara or to deep clean your skin. Follow it with warm water and your usual facial cleanser.
- You can also use it to soothe a sore throat.
- And of course, add olive oil to your diet to add beauty from within.
Extra virgin olive oil contains Vitamins E and K, powerful antioxidants which can help fight disease, and oleic acid that can help reduce inflammation.
Have you ever used olive oil for its beauty benefits?
Join the Conversation