When we are little girls we grow up thinking life will be like a fairy tale romance. We will be princesses and meet a handsome prince and live happily ever after. We’ll wear beautiful dresses and stroll through the sculpted gardens of our castle estate.
Well, why not?
In life you get to write your own book. It’s called free will. And it’s up to you whether you write a boring book or a fabulous romantic adventure.
I challenge you to create your own romance. I don’t mean with pen and paper, but with action.
Romance is not only about a significant other. It is about you and how you choose to spend your days. Romance is an ancient term that was used to describe heroic adventure stories written in the romance languages. You are the hero — or heroine, if you prefer — of your own life story. Fill your time and space with romance and joy. Make your moments special by slowing down and savoring each delicious second. That’s how you create the sweet life, La Dolce Vita.
You can bring a little romance to everything you do. You just need to take some time for yourself. Live in the moment.
It’s all an attitude. Here are some ideas to create romance:
- Buy pretty lingerie. Wear it under your work clothes.
- Lounge on a silk pillow and read a book.
- Light a scented candle and listen to soft music.
- Arrange a small vase of fresh flowers by your bed.
- Flirt with the butcher.
- Sing in your car.
- Pack a picnic lunch.
- Eat dinner by candlelight.
- Wear a pretty ribbon in your hair.
- Make little gifts for family and friends for no reason other than to let them know you care.
- Dress up an outfit with a colorful scarf or a vintage pin.
- Wear a velvet jacket and a messy bun.
Life doesn’t have to be ordinary. Add a little romance to everything you do.
What will your next chapter look like?