This Cucumber Avocado Gazpacho is a chilled soup made in minutes in the blender or food processor. It is so simple, it takes almost no time to make. It’s packed with nutrients and has a cool, creamy, zingy flavor.
Chilled soups can be so refreshing, especially in the heat of summer. I have a feeling I will be making this soup often in the hot summer days to come. Here’s the super easy recipe. I hope you like it.
Cucumber Avocado Gazpacho
2 cucumbers, peeled
1-2 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup of water
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar (you can substitute regular white or cider)
salt and pepper
red pepper flakes
fresh herbs for garnish (optional, I used marjoram)
Chunk up the vegetables into manageable pieces and put all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend until creamy. It takes several minutes to get the proper consistency.
Serve immediately. Garnish with fresh herbs.
See how easy it is.
- If you are using red radishes you might want to peel them to preserve the beautiful green color of this soup.
- Adjust the ingredients to your taste. This soup would also work well with half an avocado if you want more of the cucumber flavor.
- The vinegar adds a little zing, but can be reduced to a teaspoon if you prefer that flavor.
- I use chilled filtered water in this recipe.
- This soup recipe is a great way to consume several portions of fruits and vegetables in one meal. See this article about Eating 10 Servings of Vegetables and Fruits per Day.
Let me know if you try this Cucumber Avocado Gazpacho. I’d love to know what you think of this recipe. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments section below.