If you find yourself in a place in your life or in your career that feels familiar and stagnant, that lacks excitement, perhaps it’s time to move to the next level. Be willing to invest in yourself and your dreams.
I’m not just referring to putting out the money, but being willing to put in the time, to do the work, to sacrifice your comfort level, and be willing to shed your current identity.
Think about your future self. Where do you see yourself in the coming months and years? What kind of life do you want to create? Invest in her. Invest in the woman you are becoming, not the woman you are right now. Invest in your vision for your life. Start living into the idea of who she is. What will it take to get you there?
Decide How To Invest In Your Future
When you know you’ve done all you can on your own, it’s time to invest in some help. This can take different forms for different people. Here are some examples:
- If you want to advance in your career, go back to school and get the degree you need.
- If you want to add to your skills, take an online course and get the training you need.
- If you want to surround yourself with high-level people, join a mastermind of people who have similar goals.
- If you want to level up your personal brand, invest in a new wardrobe so that you look the part.
- If you are looking for adventure, invest in travel.
- If you are looking for security, invest in your finances.
- If you want to work more efficiently, upgrade your tools so that you can work at a higher level. For example, instead of using a free photo resizing tool, invest in PhotoShop and Lightroom and learn how to use them properly.
- If you want to increase sales, get rid of that cookie-cutter website and invest in a modern design.
- If you want to achieve faster, hire a coach that can help you identify and remove obstacles.
As you can see, investing in yourself can take many forms.
An athlete doesn’t become world class by herself. She has trainers, coaches, nutritionists, managers, and a whole team supporting her. You don’t need to go that far, just take the next step. What can help you move up the next rung of the ladder?
You have to be willing to live in discomfort for a time while your transformation happens.
Growth is uncomfortable. You’re expanding. They call them growing pains for a reason. When we start to grow, our world suddenly looks new with unfamiliar territory. Our instincts are to retract, to seek comfort, and look for the familiar. But this is when you need to be strong. Be open to change. You have to be willing to give up the instant gratification that cost us all our dreams.
It’s not easy to be extraordinary. It takes work. It takes time and dedication. Ask yourself how bad you want it, and then go all in. Invest in yourself. Invest in your future. Discomfort is the currency of your dreams.
Life can be a great adventure. How are you going to invest in yourself? Tell me in the comments. I love to hear from you.