One of my favorite healthy snacks is tomato bruschetta. It’s simple to make, pretty to look at because it’s so colorful, and tastes fresh and delicious. It makes a lovely appetizer for the holidays. Try serving this before your Christmas feast.
Here’s how to make Tomato Bruschetta:
- Take 2 large ripe tomatoes and chop them into small pieces, retaining all of their juices. Chop about a tablespoon of onion and mince 1-2 cloves of garlic. Place all of these ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon on salt, 1/4 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper, and a tablespoon of dried oregano.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Mix well to combine all ingredients.
- Spoon over small pieces of toasted Italian bread. A baguette works perfectly for this recipe.
- Garnish with chopped fresh basil.
This is one of my favorite summer treats. In winter look for hot house tomatoes, and this recipe can work all year long.
Join the Conversation