One of my favorite healthy snacks is tomato bruschetta. It’s simple to make, pretty to look at because it’s so colorful, and tastes fresh and delicious. It makes a lovely appetizer for the holidays. Try serving this before your Christmas feast.
Here’s how to make Tomato Bruschetta:
- Take 2 large ripe tomatoes and chop them into small pieces, retaining all of their juices. Chop about a tablespoon of onion and mince 1-2 cloves of garlic. Place all of these ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon on salt, 1/4 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper, and a tablespoon of dried oregano.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Mix well to combine all ingredients.
- Spoon over small pieces of toasted Italian bread. A baguette works perfectly for this recipe.
- Garnish with chopped fresh basil.
This is one of my favorite summer treats. In winter look for hot house tomatoes, and this recipe can work all year long.